3.1.7 and min/max heap size

I get the following message when opening Guilford/Eutaw Springs 1.0

“The maximum heap size stored in your Preferences for this module is too large. In particular, the maximum heap size must be less than the amount of physical RAM in your machine. The failsafe initial heap size of 128MB will be used instead. Please decrease the maximum heap size in your Preferences, and restart VASSAL.”

I then get this when loading the Historical scenario:

“VASSAL has run out of memory. This module requires more memory than the maximum heap size you have set for it. Please increase the maximum heap size in your Preferences, and restart VASSAL.”

I followed someones suggestion in another post to change min and max heap size to 192.

This does not seem to help; no matter what the settings for min and max heap sizes I get these same messages. I have tried 128, 192, 512, 450, etc. Currently I have it set to initial=192 and max=450.

My machine has 512 MB RAM Dell 2.66 GHz Windows XP Professional SP3

Thus spake “mparrott”:

Are you restarting VASSAL after you change your max heap setting?

J.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

Yes, I was restarting.

But I found out I was changing the heap sizes in the wrong location. There is a Preferences on the main Vassal menu, and also a Preferences tab once you open a module. I changed the heap sizes (to 192/450) for the Guilford/Eutaw Springs module and it seems to work okay now.

Thanks.

Thus spake “mparrott”:

The one you see in the Preferences for the Module Manager is used for
the Importer. It’s not well labeled right now. It will be in the future.

J.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)