3.5.5 - Can't edit module after editing extension

I think this bug has been in VASSAL for a while, but I’ve noticed that if I edit an extension, I can no longer edit the main module it’s attached to–the “Edit Module” selection becomes permanently grayed out as soon as you open the extension for editing (it does not become available again when you close the extension, as I assume it should). The only fix is to close VASSAL and re-open it.

Submitted at http://www.vassalengine.org/tracker/show_bug.cgi?id=14484.

I had this too. I think I mentioned it in a forum thread but I must have forgotten to log a ticket.

I also encounter a similar issue in the player relating to scenario files… might be unrelated, so I’ve logged it as Bug 14485.

Try one of the builds which show up here for a fix for 14484: github.com/vassalengine/vassal/ … /851427593

A quick test shows that this build fixes 14484. However, I just noticed a new bug (and went back to 3.5.6 to test, and it’s there, too)–while you cannot open the extension for editing if either it or the module is already being edited, the option to “Edit Extension” is not grayed out (it just does nothing when clicked). Should I file a new bug?

Thus spake jrwatts:

A quick test shows that this build fixes 14484. However, I just noticed
a new bug (and went back to 3.5.6 to test, and it’s there, too)–while
you cannot open the extension for editing if either it or the module is
already being edited, the option to “Edit Extension” is not grayed
out (it just does nothing when clicked). Should I file a new bug?

I’ve already filed and fixed it as 14505.

A build will appear here shortly:

github.com/vassalengine/vassal/ … /851623012

J.

Okay, that seems to have fixed it, at least on my Linux system. Thanks!