Hello everybody, as it is my first post here. Im sorry if these questions have been asked/answered 13451346 times before, but this forum is insanely huge and it would be nearly impossible to dig through it in search of answers.
I just started using the Vassal module editor some days ago to make a module of my own game (which is completed as an 'analog" version). I never used Vassal before, never played any existing modules (and do not want to at this moment). After reading the Guide i understand most things and I can make most of my project, but some issues are strange to me and maybe someone could make me understand it (or understand, what am I doing wrong etc).
- What is LOS Thread, how and whe n it is used etc?
- Is there ANY difference between Property Sheets and Spreadsheets except for the visual one?
- I would like to have something of that kind (like spreadsheet/propertysheet or like that) to have it as “show/hide stats” option (some information about abilities/statistics/whatever of a Piece), BUT I want it to be filled in the editor and NOT to be changable for the players during the game (they can only look at it, not change it). Is it possible? How?
- I would like to be able to make sth like a line or an arrow from one point on the grid(or game piece, doesnt really matter for me actually) to another. For example to be able for a player to show another player “i shoot with THIS unit to THAT unit” without writing it or whatever. Obviously, i can make (and have done it already) sth like “target” command making a layer on opponents unit and sth like “attack” command (and layer) on own piece. But would it be somehow possible to do it that way as i described before (line or arrow or sth like that)?
- I am not able to use Report Action. Do not need it SO MUCH in fact, but would be a nice feature if i could report actions of units in the chat window. I made (my Archers will once again be awesome example) a dynamic property on my Archer units called (i am telling it from memory, do not have Vassal here to check it) sth like “Shooting” with possible values 0 and 1 and command (for example) ctrl+alt+s as “shoot” to set the value to 0 and some other command which now i do not remember to “load” and change value to 1, and a layer following these values (showing if archer can shoot or already did it). Normal, i think. And after that i wanted to add Report Action trait. Hotkey that would trigger it (as far as i understood and as far as i remember) that Report Action was the same, as the one triggering Shoot (so alt+ctrl+s). It would send sth like “$Player’s name$ $oldPiecename$ shoots” or WHATEVER actually, doesnt matter, i thought that my report text was wrong so next time i left it on default value and also nothing happened. And thats all, i believe. NOTHING happened. No matter if I use keybord shortcuts or rightclick menu command of shoot, no report is made to chat. Help pls?
I think these 5 questions is all I have now, most of other things I understood (or did not need in this project). Thanks for every answer I will get".