Action button not working

OK…pretty sure I’m just doing something really stupid here, but I cannot get the action button to work in the module. I have used them in the past without any issue, so I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong.

Edit the module and go to the Private Window, Player 1 Scoresheet. In there is an at-start-stack called City4. In the piece there is an Action button trait that should increase the Dynamic Property, but doesn’t.

I’ve tried switching the order without any luck, so I’m stuck.

Any help? (I think I added the mod as a .zip attachment…just need to remove the extension…)

Thanks,

Dave

You have 3 issues there… two of them for sure and another one a “maybe”:

1. The board belongs to “Player 1” but you havent defined such players in the player sides (so ingame you see the board but can’t act over the counter)

2. The text label with the layer number is OVER the button, so you never click it! :smiley: try moving the label offset and give it a try.

3. Maybe (my keyboard is in spanish and I’m not sure of it) using the bracket is causing problems too… try to avoid using special character keys (any of the keys of between the backspace/intro keys and the rest of letters) as that keys differ from one country to another. I usually use CTRL-SHIFT-letter for such “hidden” keystrokes as that keys will be never used by the players.

Maybe the fact that the text label is allways OVER the button, even if the trait is below it when editting is a bug… I’m not sure of it.

Thanks for the reply…

I discovered the issue of the player side not being defined and set player sides. This didn’t help.

I also removed the text label (it was just there to see if the button was firing as a representation of the dynamic property).

Still no go.

Then, I started a game as Player 1…it works.

So, it works if I’m actually playing a game, but does not work while editing.

Weird.

Dave

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 4:48 PM, TOPO <messages@forums.vassalengine.org (messages@forums.vassalengine.org)> wrote:

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

This is why it’s a good idea to always test in play mode only. When you change things in the editor, it will not always automatically be picked up it seems when you launch the module while in the editor during the same session

From: messages-bounces@forums.vassalengine.org [mailto:messages-bounces@forums.vassalengine.org] On Behalf Of Dave Neumann
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 4:56 PM
To: VASSAL Engine Forums Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Technical Support & Bugs]Re: Action button not working

Thanks for the reply…

I discovered the issue of the player side not being defined and set player sides. This didn’t help.

I also removed the text label (it was just there to see if the button was firing as a representation of the dynamic property).

Still no go.

Then, I started a game as Player 1…it works.

So, it works if I’m actually playing a game, but does not work while editing.

Weird.

Dave

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 4:48 PM, TOPO <messages@forums.vassalengine.org (messages@forums.vassalengine.org)> wrote:
You have 3 issues there… two of them for sure and another one a “maybe”:

1. The board belongs to “Player 1” but you havent defined such players in the player sides (so ingame you see the board but can’t act over the counter)

2. The text label with the layer number is OVER the button, so you never click it! :smiley: try moving the label offset and give it a try.

3. Maybe (my keyboard is in spanish and I’m not sure of it) using the bracket is causing problems too… try to avoid using special character keys (any of the keys of between the backspace/intro keys and the rest of letters) as that keys differ from one country to another. I usually use CTRL-SHIFT-letter for such “hidden” keystrokes as that keys will be never used by the players.

Maybe the fact that the text label is allways OVER the button, even if the trait is below it when editting is a bug… I’m not sure of it.

TOPO - www.toposolitario.com (http://www.toposolitario.com)

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org (Messages@forums.vassalengine.org)
http://forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/listinfo/messages_forums.vassalengine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)