Adjusting Area of Effect.

I’m working on a module that has artillery units in it. I added an Area of Effect trait to the counter in order to display the unit’s range in shaded hexes. When the unit moves I use a Layer trait to show the side of the counter displaying the unit icon in travel mode. This icon has a range of zero because it can’t fire when it moves. How would I remove the Area of Effect trait or modify it so that it does not display the the shaded range when the unit is the travel mode?

Thanks for the help!

You may want to use a dynamic property to track when the counter is in Fire mode and when in Travel mode
If you use a variable for Range. A trigger action to catch the Flip from Fire to Travel mode can have the Range set to 0
A trigger action to catch the Flip from Travel to Fire mode can set the Range to x

Hopefully this maybe helpful
Dave

Thanks for the feedback Dave, it is helpful, but I am very much a novice. I checked the guide on how to Dynamic Property and Trigger Action traits and made a few attempts to use them with my admittedly basic understanding of them.
I was not able to figure out how to link them to the Area of Effect trait. I thought that I could use a trigger action as you suggested to somehow override the original Area of effect trait or at least modify it but just could not figure it out. I thought I would attach a few screen shots to illustrate what I am trying to do.

The first image shows the unit in fire mode in this case with its secondary range toggled on showing a range of two in fire mode. This is done using the Area of Effect Command, so that you can toggle it on/off to check to see what is in range.

The second image below shows the same unit in travel mode. When the unit is in travel mode all ranges are zero. In this case I turned off the Area of Effect trait.

What I would like to do is change the Area of Effect trait, so the radii are now zero whenever I put the unit in travel mode. I tried to set a dynamic property trait to alter the ranges, but I do not see how that can be linked into the Area of Effect trait. Similarly, with the Trigger Action Trait, I was unable to alter the characteristics of the Area of Affect traits.

Not sure if the images got attached so hopefully you get the idea.

Thoughts?
Chris

I will try to send you an example later today
Dave

PM sent