All about Decks

Hi, everyone. I haven’t posted here in quite a while, but I’m getting back into designing some modules and wanted to ask a few questions about Decks.

1. Is it possible to use the DeckName property to trigger an action on an item? For example, I have set my map to execute a command on all pieces that end movement there. Now, when this happens, I want a trigger action to go into effect on the piece, but only if the property DeckName is not blank. This does not seem to work for some reason. Maybe a bug, or am I doing something wrong? My property match test in the trigger action dialog is DeckName!="".

2. Is it possible to create a deck that will not allow you to place incorrect items within it? For example, suppose I have a red deck and a blue deck, containing red and blue cards, respectively. I would like for the red deck to not allow blue cards to be placed in it, and vice-versa. I am aware that a simple “return to deck” assignment on each type of card will sidestep this issue, but players sometimes mess up and put them in manually. I am sure this is possible with some creative uses of tags and actions, but I was wondering if there is a well-known way of doing this.

Thanks, everyone.

It might work without the quotes. Or else you can list the actual names, i.e. DeckName=A || DeckName=B || DeckName=C

You could trigger a key command on each move that moves all of the wrong kind of pieces out of the Deck. You’d have to put them in some pre-determined location, though; you won’t be able to put them back where the came from.

rk

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)