Another question for your viewing enjoyment

Ok, This mod is being a serious challenge. This is what I have so far.

[attachment=1]blk_archer_f.png[/attachment][attachment=0]blk_archer_b.png[/attachment]

The point of the two images is that with each move the tile is flipped, revealing the tiles move rules. This gives me 36 pieces per army.

What I am trying to do is create a army list and deck to draw from that contains only the _f tiles and a folder containing the _b tiles that can be used with the replace command.

Ideas?

Hi, sounds maybe like a layer trait for each tile (housing both sides) might work better for you than Replace w/Other. You’d have it checked to ‘always active’, with the face up side in its Level 1 slot, then add a Level and put the face down side in Level 2. Then remove any base image from the ‘Basic Piece’ trait (selecting: no image).

You can have the layer loop thru levels, if that works for the game, or (if that’s unchecked) have it remain on the flipped side (Level 2), until a “reset to Level (1)” property or a ‘decrease level’ property is added. Under ‘increase level’ a property can be added that can be used in the example of flipping tiles during a move that I added below. We’ll say increase level has a menu command of “Flip tile over” and a key of: CTRL F.

Re the flip during moves… a problem with that is not having the flip occur when you don’t want it to. For example, if the tile is placed on the board face up, and then the player realizes oops it was placed to the wrong location and needs shifting over one hex, then with nothing to prevent it from doing so, the tile will flip over. Someway to ‘set’ the pieces before actual movement begins would help… like if the placement of tiles, and then their movement, each had their own separate phases of a turn.

Also… if a tile is moved say three hexes, one hex at a time, I presume you want it to stay flipped during the entire move, correct, not flipping back and forth? But then do all the moved tiles get flipped back over to their front side for the start of another turn? Just saying the flipping may not be ideal each time, depending on how much info the module is given regarding when and how to do it.

Those questions aside, here’s a basic way to have a piece flip with each move on the main map:

Add a trigger to the last line of your main map’s properties (‘key command to apply to all units ending movement on this map’), and then add a Trigger Action to your tiles’ prototype. In that Trigger Action trait, clear both the default menu and keyboard commands, then input that main map’s last property (the one just added) into ‘Watch for these Keystrokes’, then input the property you’re using to flip the tiles into ‘Perform these Keystrokes’ (CTRL F, if using the layer example above).

Hope this helps. I can try to add to it if you have other questions, but may not be immediately.