At wit's ends trying to make decks do simple things.`

I have two decks of 27 cards. They are for two different periods so will not be mixed.

The current problem is this: when I draw cards from one deck, there are some cards of the other deck in among them, and yet the location of the two decks is distinct.

I need to finish this to deliver to the publisher but I’m not getting anywhere. I have done decks before and have had never had problems like this.

How are you drawing them? If not manually, please detail how. Also, if not manually, can you start a new game and manually draw all 29 cards correctly from deck 1? If not, go back to that deck in the editor and look for the incorrect card(s), or for any possible reason you’re seeing their images in deck 1. If both decks are fine with manual draw, then move on to your auto-draw method.

Do they use separate prototypes btw? Do they use similar layers, masks, or anything? Make sure nothing’s been accidentally duplicated for one of the sets.

I don’t know what else to offer right now w/o knowing more. Except I’d probably make a new save/version# as I worked the problem. Good luck.

Sorry, perhaps I should have stated, it’s a mostly manual operation, the only commands being “flip” and “Send back to deck X”. There was no need for buttons or geegaws. This is a playtest module. I do save versions as I progress which has allowed me to get this far as I have had to backtrack. And yes, they use separate prototypes and layers. As far as I can ascertain, there has not been any function or component duplicated. And what I’m asking is not fancy: drag to Active Box, flip, read and activate whatever (not a vassal issue), and then when the draw deck is empty or the Turn is done, flip them back and send them back to the draw deck for the next turn. Each deck will be used for two full turns, there being four turns (or seasons) in the game. Basically, this should be entirely a no-brainer…ya, sure :frowning: Oh, one more thing, I have not created a pre-defined setup.

These are just shots in the dark… things to maybe help you narrow the problem down. Again, I’m assuming you’re using a test copy.

1. Are the deck 2 cards drawn from deck 1 always the same card (vice versa)? When you draw all 58 cards from both decks, are all your cards there, or are some duplicates? If the latter, are they always the same duplicates?

2. Make a second test copy just for this (maybe with D1ONLY as a suffix). Delete deck 2, all of its cards, and its prototype. Then try out deck 1… what happens?

3. Go back to a full test copy. Make both decks face-up always and no shuffle - so you can see every card’s face as it sits atop the deck ready to be drawn. Are the cards correct until after (or as) they’re drawn, or do you see a deck 2 card atop deck 1 at some point?

4. Add the suffix _ORIGINAL to both decks’ prototypes. Try out the decks (so with their prototypes now completely inactive). What happens?

5. Make copies of both of those “ORIGINAL” prototypes and change the copies back to the working names. Now with the duplicate prototypes active for both decks, start turning stuff off one at a time and then testing the decks. For example, delete the layers trait from deck 1 and try out the decks in-game. Then delete the layers trait from deck 2 also and try it out. Keep paring it down. Anything?

You might just want to try rebuilding the decks or the prototypes too, one deck at a time. Anyway, good luck with it. Hope you solve it.

I drew cards out and they all seemed to be between numbers 45 and 54 and with many duplicates. So I added the Draw a specific card command and the list was numbered 01-27 and 28-54, as it should be. Then I opened edit again and actually checked the images and now I know… When slicing the images, I was getting id from slice_0_0 to slice_3_2 in eight repeating sequences. double facepalm

Thanks for your help. All I have to do it rename the images with the right info. It never occurred to me to look there, but I should have known.