Bad Java problem

Hello!
I’m trying out Vassal, but can’t get the thing to run.
After installation, launching brings up this error:
“To use the “java” command-line tool you need to install a JDK.”
Clicking “More info” takes me to… Adobe’s Flash page.
Trying your linked “Which Java do you have?” page doesn’t show any results. Trying the Java.com page coughs up: “We are unable to verify if Java is currently installed and enabled in your browser.”

• Model - MacBook Pro, 13-inch, 2016
  • Operating System - MacOS Sierra 10.12
  • CPU - 2 GHz Intel Core i5
  • Memory - 6 GB
  • Video Card - Intel Iris Graphics 540 1536 MB
  • Vassal version. (Go to Help and select About VASSAL) - won’t load far enough.
  • Java version. Get it here - see above.
  • Vassal module name and version (If applicable. If it’s not a module available from the VASSAL module list, then please include a link so we can download it ourselves.) - - won’t load far enough.
  • Exactly what steps are required to reproduce your problem. If you are reporting on a problem that you can’t reproduce consistently, include as much information as possible about what you were doing right before the error occurred.- launching it from Launchpad.

Hi,

Have you check this page : http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/VASSAL_Does_Not_Start

Regards

It sounds to me like you don’t have Java installed at all. Right now the newest Java that is supported is Java 8. Get the Java Runtime Environment for MacOS here: oracle.com/java/technologie … loads.html