I’m trying out Vassal, but can’t get the thing to run.
After installation, launching brings up this error:
“To use the “java” command-line tool you need to install a JDK.”
Clicking “More info” takes me to… Adobe’s Flash page.
Trying your linked “Which Java do you have?” page doesn’t show any results. Trying the Java.com page coughs up: “We are unable to verify if Java is currently installed and enabled in your browser.”
- Model - MacBook Pro, 13-inch, 2016
- Operating System - MacOS Sierra 10.12
- CPU - 2 GHz Intel Core i5
- Memory - 6 GB
- Video Card - Intel Iris Graphics 540 1536 MB
- Vassal version. (Go to Help and select About VASSAL) - won’t load far enough.
- Java version. Get it here - see above.
- Vassal module name and version (If applicable. If it’s not a module available from the VASSAL module list, then please include a link so we can download it ourselves.) - - won’t load far enough.
- Exactly what steps are required to reproduce your problem. If you are reporting on a problem that you can’t reproduce consistently, include as much information as possible about what you were doing right before the error occurred.- launching it from Launchpad.