Best way to implement a hidden movement phase?

I’m looking into ways to make each player map become private when a phase starts, and after each player clicks commit, all the player maps become public again.

Would the invisible trait work? Who is the “owner” when all pieces are made invisible by a GKC? The last player to move the piece? What if the piece has never moved from an at-start stack? Turning reporting for movement on and off would be a pain in any case.

How about a pair of Send to Location traits with {CurrentX} {CurrentY} as coordinates and a destination map of a private/public map window? The issue here is that some pieces are not native to the player maps, so I’m not sure if there’s any way to set up an all-purpose Map/board destination.

I think the Send to Location option can be made to work with Triggers for each map and “” map destinations instead of {} map destinations.

Still would like to know if there is a better way to do this, because extra windows and sending an entire map of pieces to another window seems unwieldy.