Beta 3 Bugs

Hey guys. I think this rotation offset problem surfaced quite some time ago and was fixed but it appears to have reared its ugly head again.

Example image attached…

Thus spake “bsmith”:

Which GBoH module is this?

I can’t reproduce the problem with 3.1.0-beta3 and the UtLB module which
exhibited this problem the first time.

J.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

I noticed this as well working directly from SVN some time since beta3 was released. I was working on pieces that have more than one Rotate trait, so maybe that has something to do with it.

rk

I have the same problem with my V Battlefleet Gothic module and I already reported this a few months ago LINK. Just saw that Brent Easton posted something, sorry I’ve forgotten the thread. To reproduce the problem you have to rotate the piece and press CTRL-W which will activate the rotation template layer, and when you press CTRL-R to rotate the unit again it jumps back to its original position.

Hey guys. Any progress on this bug?

Thus spake “bsmith”:

I can’t reproduce it myself, so I was waiting for someone to answer
the question I asked earlier on this thread, viz., which GBoH module
is the picture from?

J.

Messages mailing list

You could look into my V Battlefleet Gothic module as well, I got the same problem. The link is in my signature. See my last post for how to reproduce the bug.

OK, here’s the easiest way to reproduce. It seems rotating pieces in the Piece window before dragging them to the map may be causing the problem.

1. Get hold of the GBoA module here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ui2y02ytbs7
  2. Start a game with the Arigaeum map.
  3. Rotate the “Albania 1” game piece 180 degrees BEFORE dragging it onto the map.
  4. Drag it to the map.
  5. Now rotate it.

Just to add to this.

There are also some problems with other layers. For example the cohesion hits layer for GBoA pieces does some strange things; The text sometimes changes when you rotate a piece. It may show 4 hits, then you rotate it and it suddenly shows 3 hits etc. Very strange, not sure how it’s getting hold of historical values… something to do with caching?

Thus spake “bsmith”:

I think this has been fixed already. Try svn4192:

nomic.net/~uckelman/tmp/vassal/

J.

Messages mailing list

Thus spake Joel Uckelman:

Ben, can you confirm for me whether this works for you in a current build,
say svn4225?

J.

Messages mailing list

Yes, looks fine with build 4202. Thanks Joel!

Thus spake “bsmith”:

Is the rotation problem still there?

J.

Messages mailing list

Tested Beta 4 with my Battlefleet Gothic module and the rotation offset bug is still there.

Hi Skorpio,

Try reversing the positions of the ‘Rotate ^R’ and ‘Compass ^W’ traits in the ‘Base 60mm’ prototype.

B.

Messages mailing list

As far as I can see Joel, the rotation offset bug is fixed in Beta 4… At least it is for the game and module I’m playing!

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 9:10 PM, Joel Uckelman <uckelman@nomic.net (uckelman@nomic.net)> wrote:

Thus spake “Ben Smith”:

That’s weird, as no one intentionally worked on it for beta4. Are you sure
it’s fixed? I was planning to look at it this weekend myself.

J.

Messages mailing list

I’ve tried a few times now but can’t re-produce the problem; I followed my own instructions posted earlier in the thread. It has been OK since you fixed the other problem where a text label was changing when rotating.

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 2:13 AM, Joel Uckelman <uckelman@nomic.net (uckelman@nomic.net)> wrote:

It works, no more offset, but unfortunately the compass has to rotate with the ship, otherwise it would be useless.

Ok,

At least we have the problem pinned down. There is some strange interaction going on between the Rotate trait and the Compass layer.

Can you create a copy of your module and cut-down the complexity of the ship counter? Preferably, till there is just the rotate and compass trait and nothing else and see if it directly related to those two, or has something to do with one of the intermediate traits.

If you can sort out the simplest combination that causes the problem, it should make it much easier for me to fix.

Regards,
Brent.

Messages mailing list