Beta 3 Bugs

I’ve just removed every trait in the 60mm base and ship prototypes, also unit specific stuff, except the rotate and compass layer traits and the bug is still there. Only the rotate trait, the compass and the ship image layers are left. I can upload the module for you tomorrow, if you want, it’s a bit too late for me to upload it now.

Hi,

Yes please, or email it to me at b.easton at exemail.com.au

B.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

Here you go! mediafire.com/?g11mmkobyn3

Excellent, thank you, that saves me a pile of time. I am looking into this now.

B.

Messages mailing list

Joel,

This one is definitely for you. It is something to do with the caching of rotated images. This little test mod shows it clearly.

1. Create a new game
  2. Drag a new Battleship onto the play board
  3. Rotate the ship, then turn the compass on
  4. or turn compass on, rotate, then turn compass off.

the images are being offset, but are not being redrawn in Embellishment.draw().

B.

Messages mailing list

forgive me I am such a noob…
but I have noticed a possibly related item that may give a hint. or it may have nothing to do with it.

if you have text labels that spill over the counter boundaries it changes the reference point that the drawing functions seem to use and counter is drawn offset. this offset changes as you rotate the counter because the boundary is only off in one direction. the actual text does not have to spill over, just the area allocated into which the text is drawn (you can actually see this when you access the counter outlines they make extra room for the text labels outside the edge of the counter).

without looking at the module in question - so this is probably way off base - i imagine if the compass for instance has transparency in the image and it does not align for some reason within the bounds of the counter that this could be a related problem?

and if I am only confusing the issue, likely, I apologize. just something odd I have seen that seems tangentially related to me.

Thus spake “Brent Easton”:

This is fixed in svn4496. We weren’t clearing the cached bounding box
when a trait inward from the rotation trait changed.

nomic.net/~uckelman/tmp/vassal/

J.

Messages mailing list