boards in vsql

Whenever I try and load a scenario file, I get the messge that the board could not be built. What am I missing? I have all the board files in the same folder as the vsql module, as are the scenarios. I am able to load the board when I choose to “start a game offline”

Any help is appreciated

Thrud

Thus spake thrud:

Whenever I try and load a scenario file, I get the messge that the board
could not be built. What am I missing? I have all the board files in
the same folder as the vsql module, as are the scenarios. I am able to
load the board when I choose to “start a game offline”

Any help is appreciated

Which module? Which scenario?

J.

any scenario…i downloaded and extracted all boards and scenarios into the same folder as the vassal mdule

vsql 4.1.93 is the module

Thus spake thrud:

vsql 4.1.93 is the module

Please post the contents of the errorLog.

J.

• VSQL version 4.1.93
  • Bad Data in Module: Unable to build board 0 0 01 0 0 872 645
  • LOS engine disabled… No board found

Thus spake thrud:

• VSQL version 4.1.93
  • Bad Data in Module: Unable to build board 0 0 01 0
    0 872 645
  • LOS engine disabled… No board found

If this is the whole errorLog, then it looks to me like you’re missing
some part that VSQL needs. Are you trying to load a scenario that
requires some extension which you’ve not loaded or enabled?

J.

Thrud, give this a try.
Go into your program files ->VASSAL → VSQL and make sure you have a subfolder named “boards.” If not, create a file and just drop your boards into it.

Now open your Vassal and open VSQL. Click on File → Preferences then look down in the bottom 1/3 of the list for BOARD DIRECTORY. This should have the pathway to your board folder and should read something like this:
“C:\Program Files\VASSAL\VSQL\Boards.” If it doesn’t, then write down what you currently have, type in this pathway, close and reopen VASSAL then try to load a game.

I have my game on my C:\ drive and am using XP, so this might vary for you if you have a different drive or OS.
I got this from a guy on the Gamesquad ASL forum and when I followed his advice it fixed me right up.