Bug in trunk?

I don’t know if bugs in trunk of Vassal repository (future 3.2) should be posted here or in the bug forum. Feel free to move the topic.

I can’t load editor as seem not to like “:” in “1805: Sea of Glory”. This is not a module of mine, it’s just a module I have in my collection. 3.1.14 loads fine.

Caused by: VASSAL.tools.nio.file.InvalidPathException: Invalid char at 4: 1805: Sea of Glory at VASSAL.tools.nio.file.zipfs.ZipPathParser.normalize(ZipPathParser.java:226) at VASSAL.tools.nio.file.zipfs.ZipFileSystem.getPath(ZipFileSystem.java:533) at VASSAL.tools.nio.file.zipfs.ZipFilePath.resolve(ZipFilePath.java:605) at VASSAL.tools.nio.file.zipfs.ZipUtils.fillEntries(ZipUtils.java:208) at VASSAL.tools.nio.file.zipfs.ZipUtils.extractZip(ZipUtils.java:276) at VASSAL.tools.nio.file.zipfs.ZipUtils.getEntries(ZipUtils.java:309) at VASSAL.tools.nio.file.zipfs.ZipFileSystem.<init>(ZipFileSystem.java:106) at VASSAL.tools.nio.file.zipfs.ZipFileSystemProvider.newFileSystem(ZipFileSystemProvider.java:162) at VASSAL.tools.nio.file.FileSystems.newFileSystem(FileSystems.java:33) at VASSAL.preferences.Prefs.read(Prefs.java:186) at VASSAL.preferences.Prefs.init(Prefs.java:156) at VASSAL.preferences.Prefs.<init>(Prefs.java:80) at VASSAL.preferences.Prefs.getGlobalPrefs(Prefs.java:280) at VASSAL.i18n.Resources.<clinit>(Resources.java:94)

While opening the “Preferences” file in normal ZIP the “:” gets converted to “_”. Probably some kind of conversion for the Vassal is required either on save or on load…

Thus spake “morvael”:

I’m aware of the problem here—it has to do with non-ascii characters in
filenames. I’ll be looking into this as soon as I finish the work for the
new site.

J.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

Thus spake Joel Uckelman:

No, wait, this is a completely different problem. Anyway, I was aware
of the problem you’re pointing out as well.

J.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)