Button Actions

First of all, I’d like to thank the people here for being so helpful. Unfortunately, the explanations quite often go right over my head. For whatever reason, I still have not grasped the concepts of how to connect an action on one piece to triggering something else. However, if I see how it’s done, I understand it immediately.

So, with that in mind, I’ve created an attached sample mod. If someone can edit it to do what I want, then I’ll know how to do it.

I have a wind gauge that is used for ocean travel. The gauge rotates in 16 positions with the main arrows pointing to a die roll that is made for movement (die roll graphic not included). It has the following controls:

CTRL-R - Rotate Randomly
CTRL-E - Rotate CW
CTRL-O - Rotate CCW

The reason I use E and O is because adjustments made to the wind gauge are based on whether a particular die roll is Even or Odd.

Below the wind gauge, in the attached mod, are 3 buttons labeled “Random”, “Even”, “Odd”. What I want to do is allow a player to click a button and have the wind gauge move accordingly.

If someone can do that, I’d be very grateful.

Keep in mind that the structure of this sample mod is not the way I have my mod structured. It’s just a quick mod I threw together to achieve my goals here.

Thanx

Working it now - what are the dimensions of your graphic pieces for the
action button

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

Nevermind - took module apart to look.

Here is your demo with the action buttons hooked up in place working

Thanx. One look at it and I got it. I think the problem I’ve been having is I didn’t have a clue what I’m supposed to be putting in the Matching Properties box.

Now it makes sense. Thanx a bunch!

What you put in the properties box is very dependent on what you are doing.

Apart from marker,dynamic and global properties that you create which you
can also use/reference in matching property filter boxes you can also use
vassal system properties that are available
List of them at
vassalengine.org/wiki/doku.p … aq_modules

see section ‘what system properties are returned by counters’
You’ll find these quite handy

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)