Card Count Button

Hi Brian,

“Game Piece Inventory Window” seems to be what I need but I’m having troubles setting it up.

Config is:

Show only pieces matching … : {Count == 1} // Count is a marker trait in every card with value 1
Sort and Group By Properties : CurrentMap
Label for folders: $CurrentMap$ : $sum_Cardcount$ card(s)
Show only folders: Ticked
Everything further down is blank

Effect:
Open module → All cards (54) are in a deck on the main board → Inventory shows 1 line → Main Board : 0 card(s)
Hit a button to deal 15 cards to each of the four players → Inventory shows 5 lines →
Main Board : 0 card(s)
Player1 Board : 0 card(s)
Player2 Board : 0 card(s)
Player3 Board : 0 card(s)
Player4 Board : 0 card(s)

I tried with 'Label for folders: $CurrentMap$ : $sum_Count$ card(s) and also ‘Label for folders: $CurrentMap$ : $sum_valor$ card(s)’ where ‘valor’ is another piece marker trait which is working fine in a ‘Mouse-over Stack Viewer’, with the same results.

GPIW seems to be ‘finding’ the cards as lines for all boards containing cards show up but seems to be failing at counting them. I might be doing something wrong but I’m unable to find it.

I was so desperate, I used the ‘Save’ button in the GPIW and checking the resulting file I found:
: 0 card(s)
Player1 Board : 0 card(s)
Player2 Board : 0 card(s)
Player3 Board : 0 card(s)
Player4 Board : 0 card(s)
Main Board : 0 card(s)

Why that first line with no label and also 0 cards?

Any help would be much appreciated.

R

For your label-for-folders try $CurrentMap$: $sum_pieces$ cards

Also, if that doesn’t work, try making the matching condition completely blank (always true) – just as a sanity check.

Hi there,

I found out myself. I unchecked ‘Show only folders’, left ‘Label for pieces’ blank and everything from there down blank/unchecked (especially ‘Draw piece images’).

This produces the desired effect of seeing the number of cards in the folder label (using $sum_CardCount$ for instance) without seeing any other information about the cards despite there is a triangle beside each folder label. You can click it but nothing can be seen.

Apparently checking ‘Show only folders’ produces the (weird) effect of getting 0 for any $sum_XXXXX$ in the folder label which was driving me crazy.

Thanks for the hint.

R.

Thank you for this! I just used it to solve a problem that was driving me crazy with my Poker Game module.