Case Blue

I’ve been playing the Uranus setup, and finding it works quite well with the 3.1 beta. Plenty speedy after initial map load.

It appears, however, that there’s no provision to choose sides. Is there a reason for this?

Thus spake “Lensman”:

Which beta are you using? This is probalby a bug.

J.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

3.1.0-beta2

Thus spake “Lensman”:

Ok, I’ll look at this. If it’s a problem with VASSAL and not the module,
it will be fixed in 3.1.0-beta3.

J.

Messages mailing list

Thus spake Joel Uckelman:

I’ve had a chance to look at this now: I think the reason you see no prompt
to choose sides is that there are no sides defined in the module.

Ben, can you confirm this for me? (I checked in version 0.17 of the module
myself just now, and saw none, but mabye I overlooked something.)

J.

Messages mailing list

So, I’m playing Case Blue on Vassal and the white hex grid is just a killer. My poor eyes can’t take it any more. I must have a black grid!!

I’m messing around with trying to change this white hexgrid to black. Unfortunately, there does not seem to be any way to “unembed” files in a Vassal mod. I don’t know if there is a way to get an image file back out of the mod. The Case Blue mod maker (Ben?) has a file called hexgrid dot something and it’s embedded into the CB mod. If I had that file I think I could simply change the white to black, or orange, or whatever. So that’s option #1.

Option #2: I’ve also tried going into the CB mod and editing it. Seems that the hexgrid can be changed as far as shape and size right in the editor, but I can’t see a way to change color! Am I missing something I wonder?

Option #3: use a program like this:
nomic.net/~uckelman/mkhexgrid/ to make a new hexgrid and upload it into the CB module. Yuck. I’d probably completely mess that up.

Can anyone tell me the best way to get this changed?

BTW, it would be a great feature of Vassal to have the capability in the preferences to change the hex grid color in any game.

Cheers,
Jason
www.wargamedepot.com

The modules are just zip files. Browse them as you would any ordinary zip file and you should be able to change images in whatever way you want.

• M.

2008/10/18 kypros <messages@forums.vassalengine.org (messages@forums.vassalengine.org)>

Try this one Jason. It’s a little messy near the transition between map slices but at least the grid is visible!

http://www.mediafire.com/?mrm0mi3jjnm