CCG Module Question

I’m editing a module in preparation for doing a full blown TCG/CCG and I was wondering… is there a known way to use triggers and such so that a menu command to say ‘tap’ would then rotate an object (card) 90 degrees, but attach a dynamic property (or what have you, I’m very new to all this design stuff.) to the card so that the next time that command was used the card would unrotate and again be upright?

Hopefully of course the whole thing would be repeatable and simple enough.

This is doable using trigger/DP/DP combos. The extra DP is for a true/false state so that your card will rotate correct way when required

To: messages@forums.vassalengine.org
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2009 12:38:01 PM
Subject: [Module Design]CCG Module Question

I’m editing a module in preparation for doing a full blown TCG/CCG and I was wondering… is there a known way to use triggers and such so that a menu command to say ‘tap’ would then rotate an object (card) 90 degrees, but attach a dynamic property (or what have you, I’m very new to all this design stuff.) to the card so that the next time that command was used the card would unrotate and again be upright?

Hopefully of course the whole thing would be repeatable and simple enough.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org (Messages@forums.vassalengine.org)
http://forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/listinfo/messages_forums.vassalengine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

The B5 module does exactly this. At one time I had the global trigger to “Ready”(untap) tied to the turn track. This stopped working with 3.0, but there is a ready button on the table menu that readies all cards and spent influence tokens. I have a flag as Tim describes that I named Used. I also have a prototype for rotating cards and enhanced further with a character or fleet prototype.

Dan,

Even though it is a 2 position display/rotation etc… It requires a “3 way
switch” control. I sent ABC a layout and will fwd our pm discussion to you.
Youll be able to read and adapt this to your situ/gp’s as warrants :slight_smile:

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)