Centering with hex grid

I can’t do it well, In the area where I make the initial centering is good but after more that is distant and the centering is bad the offset is more important at the end of row see picture.

I precise i have try with both methods Arrow or X, Y…

A opinion would be welcome, thank you.

Take a look at the advice at

vassalengine.org/wiki/Faq_mo … apsheet.3F

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 7:39 AM, Forbin yves.labrador75@orange.fr wrote:

I can’t do it well, In the area where I make the initial centering is
good but after more that is distant and the centering is bad the offset
is more important at the end of row see picture.

I precise i have try with both methods Arrow or X, Y…

A opinion would be welcome, thank you.

Read this topic online here:
Centering with hex grid

messages mailing list
messages@vassalengine.org
vassalengine.org/mailman/listinfo/messages

There’s nothing for it but to keep hitting those arrow keys a few strokes at a time, then going to all four extreme corners of your map to (re)check your progress until it fits. It is kind of frustrating, but that’s the only way. Be willing to settle for “pretty close” somewhere on your map, as your map scan may have some distortion that makes it impossible for it to ever be perfect. I know from experience: I recently edited a map that someone else had scanned and didn’t see the one hexrow with the distortion until I was already done putting the hexgrid on the maps!!!

You could get it “close”, then edit the height and width pixel numbers for the hex grid in the Properties window. Perhaps open your map in an editing program and use the ruler tools to measure the dimensions and any mapedge offsets yourself, and then edit by hand.

Also, once you DO get it to fit, I’d take a screenshot of the resulting Properties dialog, or make notes on the figures arrived at, if for no other reason than you may have to redo it at some point…

Also, I know you are displaying your grid and the hex numbers to show the offset… but once it’s done, consider NOT displaying it, and let the gridlines on the actual map graphic suffice. Many times, it’s enough to simply have a map that reports hexes in the game log than to have them visible! :slight_smile:

Thank you for your help.

But impossible i think mad hex grip problem !

For centering possible do it with a different zoom, more easy with a large view ( see much hex ) ?

And possible transfer elements of a module to the other ? very usefull for series game.