Chat software

Is there any chatsoftware to meet for players from vassal?
Its easier to invite people to a game

I believe charlescab intended this:
vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:A_Chat_Module
to serve that purpose. But it is not widely used. You can connect to the server in the game module you want to play, and wait for people to come play with you. Or advertise you want to play a certain game in Opponents Wanted.

Wouldn’t it be nice to have an IRC channel for VASSAL?

Thus spake Skorpio:

Wouldn’t it be nice to have an IRC channel for VASSAL?

It would. Can you point me to instructions on how to create one? (Maybe
on freenet?)

J.

Oh I’m not very experienced with IRC and I have only a German manual. I think you simply have to type
“/join #channelname” to create a new channel automatically, but then you have to register it so that you stay admin. And you need to have a registered nick first.

To register your nick type: /msg NickServ register password e-mailaddress
To register the channel: /msg ChanServ register #channel password description

The most important commands:

/msg ChanServ set #Channel keeptopic on (if ChanServ should remember the topic, so that you don’t have to set it again)
/msg ChanServ set #Channel topiclock aop (only on ChanServ registered Ops may change the topic)
/msg ChanServ help

If you don’t use IRC for 10 weeks, your nickname registration expires for reuse.
You can find more informations on irchelp.org/

Would be cool if you could embed a link on the homepage. webchat.freenode.net/ Click on the icon in the upper left corner and then “add webchat to your site”.

I’ve added this to the tracker under Bug 2901:

vassalengine.org/tracker/sho … gi?id=2901

If you’re interested in tracking the progress, you can add yourself to the CC list for the bug.