Clearing Cache

I’m trying to build a module with build 3.2.11 / Vista operating system. I had created an historical map (.PNG) which I later found had some big boo-boos. I fixed the problems, but saved the new map under a different name (still .PNG) because I want to use the original map for something else. I deleted the old map from the module and added the new map. The size of the module increased by the size of the new map.

OK. Removed the module from the Library, cleared the cache and then opened the module. Same size.

Drat. Deleted the map board section. Saved the module under a different name, cleared the cache, then removed the module from the library and cleared the cache again (just for good measure). Opened the newly named module and, after adding the new map, saved it.

The size of the module increased again by the size of the new map!

When I load the module I notice it tiles ALL the maps for the map board with the latest last.

What am I doing wrong that prevents me from getting rid of the old maps?

Greggy

Did you try to unzip the module and delete obsolete files?

Yep–deleting a map’s node in the Editor is not the same as removing the image file from the module. Open your module in 7zip or a similar compression utility and remove the unwanted PNG files from the images/ folder inside.

I didn’t know that. Just goes to show you’re never too old to learn something new. :laughing:

For future reference, does that apply to a module that already has a .VMOD extension?

Thanks much,

Greggy