Connection to Server issues

Hi, I’m not sure if this is the right forum for this, but it seems like a technical issue.

I cannot properly connect to the Vassal central server. When I click connect, it gives me the welcome message, but the Active games list is blank (no text of any kind) and the Current game list (where my own name should be) is similarly blank. Then, about 5 min later, i get a “Lost connection to server” message.

I cannot see any games, and others cannot see me (I tested this with a friend). It has worked correctly a couple of times today, but for the most part this is all I’m getting.

Is this a known issue? Are there any fixes?

Oh, and this is apparently happening to several people.

Thus spake Xcaliber:

Hi, I’m not sure if this is the right forum for this, but it seems like
a technical issue.

I cannot properly connect to the Vassal central server. When I click
connect, it gives me the welcome message, but the Active games list is
blank (no text of any kind) and the Current game list (where my own name
should be) is similarly blank. Then, about 5 min later, i get a “Lost
connection to server” message.

I cannot see any games, and others cannot see me (I tested this with a
friend). It has worked correctly a couple of times today, but for the
most part this is all I’m getting.

Is this a known issue? Are there any fixes?

Oh, and this is apparently happening to several people.

When exactly did you try? We were having a network outage yesterday.

J.

I was trying yesterday afternoon/evening. I got through a couple times, but other than that, nothing.

Seems to be working this morning though. I imagine it was just the outage.

Glad it’s not a persistent issue :smiley: (apparently). Thanks.

Issue has occurred again. Got connected to the server again about 6:15 CST after a lot of “Connection refused” errors. About an hour or so later (don’t really remember, I was distracted waiting for my friend to get online) I got disconnected. Now whenever I try to connect, I just get the previously mentioned error. Time is now about 9:00 CST

I encountered the exact same issue.
Before sunday there were no problems with connecting/playing on the master server. Come sunday the server (as well as this site) seemed to go down.
On monday the site was back up, and the server status shows that the server us functional well - however if i try to connect i suffer the exact same emptiness and eventual lost connection that Xcaliber describes.

I am connecting from Hong Kong and a friend of mine connecting from South Korea had the exact same issue.

No connection for me and my opponent either. 10pm EST on 8/30/2001

I’ m sorry for necroposting but I have exactly the same problem now.
I don’t see any games or active members. But once I 've read some posts in chat from some Tyrrel player(it is GoT module). Looks like I’m connecting not to the main room or something like this?
Yesterday everything was OK.

I am having the same problem at 0744 GMT. I am located in Bloomington, IN, USA.