Counter Problems - Bug

VASSAL 3.5.4-SNAPSHOT-95b893e38

I’ve been seeing a couple of problems with Turn Counters…

1. ToolTip Text is mysteriously set

Reproducible (after much experimentation)

1. Open the enclosed module with the editor.

2. Open the Turn Counter(s) and look at them, notice that the tooltips are empty

3. Hit “cancel”

4. Click on the Save Button in the Editor Window
    (the tooltips are still empty)

5. click on the “X” in the editor window to close it.
    (BUG?) Even though you have already saved, you will get a prompt to save…
    [I’m pretty sure this is a different bug, because even if you open a module and then immediately click the “X” (having done nothing), you still get prompted to save]

IF you save (again) in response to this prompt, the tooltips will be populated when next you open the module with the editor

IF you cancel the save request, the tooltips will be empty when next you open the module with the editor

1. Not reproducible (yet) - multiple counters
    Even when you define a fixed width, the 2nd counter (and ONLY the 2nd counter) will display a smaller field - apparently acting as if “maximum” were set instead of “fixed”

2. Not reproducible (yet) - when saving a setup file, I’ve seen the 2nd (and only the 2nd) counter mysteriously increment

I have managed to regularly reproduce the BUG behavior of the counter width shrinking…

See the enclosed 2 files… The bug module and a save generated by launching the module and then saving it.

Counter 1 & 2 are set to fixed 200 pixel widths

1. Launch the module
    Click on Counter 1/2 they will display a wide field (as desired).
    Close the module.

2. Launch the saved game
    Click on Counter 1/2 they are showing narrow fields (not desired and appears to ignoring the “fixed - 200” setting)

I’m also still seeing the mysterious increment of a counter in a saved game, but haven’t been able to reproduce in a simple module.

Bug Module & Saved Game demonstrating bug behavior

Thus spake Korval:

I’ve been seeing a couple of problems with Turn Counters…

1. ToolTip Text is mysteriously set

Reproducible (after much experimentation)

1. Open the enclosed module with the editor.

2. Open the Turn Counter(s) and look at them, notice that the tooltips
    are empty

3. Hit “cancel”

4. Click on the Save Button in the Editor Window
    (the tooltips are still empty)

5. click on the “X” in the editor window to close it.
    (BUG?) Even though you have already saved, you will get a prompt to
    save…

I can’t reproduce this. When I use the X to close the editor window
after following these instructions, it closes with no further save prompt.

J.

For the first problem, try a newer build, such as 3.5.4-SNAPSHOT-6e198cebf: vassalengine.org/~uckelman/tmp/

The turn counters come up the same width for me either way on 3.5.4-SNAPSHOT-6e198cebf on Linux and on Windows 7.

Just found another 2 bugs associated with this…

Using the bug example vmod I previously uploaded…

Bug_1: click on the first counter. Dock it. Clicking on the other counter buttons now doesn’t work.

Bug_2: click on all 3 counters. Dock the first one. Right click on the 2nd counter - it now shows an “undock” option. If you click on “undock” for the second counter, it undocks the first counter…