Create a piece in other map window

:question:
I am working on a game where there is a separate map window that I want to generate pieces in automatically on key command. I can’t figure out how to make the piece. Is this possible, and if so, how?

Thanks

I would use the Place Marker trait - the easiest thing to do would probably be to have an at-start stack where you want to generate the pieces, and put one gamepiece in the stack - no image, does not stack, unselectable, unmoveable. Give it the Place Marker trait, and send it a Global Key Command whenever you want to make a piece.

I think that will work, thanks!

I created the stack with the transparent piece and the Place Marker trait, however, I can’t figure out how to give it the key command from a different map window, when the window that the stack is in is closed.

Hmmm…I have never heard that having the window closed would be a problem. One thing to watch out for is that a map-level toolbar GKC cannot call pieces in another map. You would need to use a GKC defined on a game piece.

-Seth

OK, I’ll try and work it out. I don’t have much experience with this type of thing, so I am probably doing something a little wrong.