Deprecated Code - warning

Got the following warning message from 3.6beta1
Any suggestions on what to do about these???

Deprecated classes, methods, and fields in C:\GAMES\VASSAL module edits\Europe Engulfed edits\Europe_Engulfed_v3.0 beta-RC-67.vmod
(used by => removed item, date eligible for removal)

viewer.CounterDetailViewer => VASSAL.build.module.Map.componentCoordinates(java.awt.Point), 2021-08-05
viewer.CounterDetailViewer => VASSAL.build.module.Map.mapCoordinates(java.awt.Point), 2021-08-05
viewer.CounterDetailViewer => VASSAL.counters.Labeler.drawLabel(java.awt.Graphics, java.lang.String, int, int, java.awt.Font, int, int, java.awt.Color, java.awt.Color, java.awt.Color), 2021-08-27
viewer.CounterDetailViewer$Visitor => VASSAL.counters.Stack.getPieces(), 2021-08-06

There’s supposed to be a message in a dialog when you open a module using anything deprecated (or removed) which explains what to do. Did that message not appear for you?

It looks like this for me:
[attachment=0]Screenshot from 2021-08-26 15-11-55.png[/attachment]

The relevant part is “Please consult the javadoc for the deprecated items at vassalengine.org/javadoc/ for advice about how to replace them.” If you look up those items in the javadoc for 3.5.8, you’ll find notes about what to use for replacements.

Hi - Yes this came up and I followed the directions exactly :stuck_out_tongue:

“If you are not the original maintainer and do not have knowledge of how to do this, please post a message…”

I have absolutely no clue what to do about this… I don’t even know where to look for custom code or determine if it’s even being used…

There’s custom code in the module; this message wouldn’t be displayed if there weren’t. However, I don’t see where that custom code is in use. I checked all the versions back to 1.7 and found nothing, and I gather from the version history file in the module that the custom code was introduced in 2006, as a preview of a feature we added to VASASL 2.8.

I think the solution to your problem is simply to remove the custom code: Unzip the module, delete the viewer directory, rezip the module.

Thanks much!

My update is based on the 1.7 version and I haven’t touched the module internals, other than thru the editor and adding/deleting images.

I’ll save a branch and delete the directory per your guidance.