I use warmachine module on vassal.
Yesterday I updated to 3.1.18 and have started having problem when I try to drag and drop a model; while dragging, the model graphic is not centered on my cursor but instead shifted by maybe an inch in the 4 o’clock direction. See picture. I have also updated and uninstalled Java 7 (currently on Java 6, update 26) as suggested by the sticky thread at the top but that did not seem to help. Multiple uninstall and reinstall of both 3.1.17 and 3.1.18 vassal did not solve the issue.
Does anyone know if this is caused by vassal’s version or java ? or more importantly, how can I fix this issue ? Thanks.
From the module manager, does ‘Help - Show Error Log’ verify that you’re really on Java 1.6?
It seems to be 1.7, even though in my list of programs it’s Jave™ 6 Update 26
Here’s the error log:
07 Jan 2012 22:17:09.318 0 – Starting
07 Jan 2012 22:17:09.319 0 – OS Windows 7
07 Jan 2012 22:17:09.319 0 – Java version 1.7.0_02
07 Jan 2012 22:17:09.319 0 – VASSAL version 3.1.17
07 Jan 2012 22:17:09.351 0 – Manager
07 Jan 2012 22:17:12.447 0 – Loading module file C:\Users[username]\Desktop\Vegg\WM\WarmachineHordes41.vmod
07 Jan 2012 22:17:12.449 0 – Loading module Warmachine & Hordes MKII
07 Jan 2012 22:17:12.453 0 C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_02\jre\bin\java -Xms256M -Xmx512M -DVASSAL.id=1 -Duser.home=C:\Users[username] -cp lib\Vengine.jar VASSAL.launch.Player
07 Jan 2012 22:17:15.394 1 – Warmachine & Hordes MKII version 4.1
07 Jan 2012 22:17:15.394 1
In my case uninstalling 1.7 did the trick, but I bet you can also get around this with a custom shortcut, something like:
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java -version:1.6 -jar C:\Program Files\Vassal-3.1.17\lib\Vengine.jar
You might not even need the -version option if you specify the jre6 java executable, but I’m in no position to test it out since I don’t feel like playing with 1.7 again any time soon.
Thanks for the replies. I’ve tracked it down to Java development kit 7 that was also installed recently. After uninstalling that the graphic glitch was gone. Think I’ll stay away from 1.7 for a while as well. Thanks again !
I’ve added this to the tracker as Bug 4202. It’s something which should be fixed or worked around, as people will increasingly be installing Java 7.
My friend and I ran into this exact problem tonight. (World in Flames module, both using Vassal version 3.1.15).
His Java was updated to 1.7 yesterday so he had to de-install the update before Vassal would work properly.
Ack, that should have been Bug 4204.
Thus spake wifferboy:
My friend and I ran into this exact problem tonight. (World in Flames
module, both using Vassal version 3.1.15).
His Java was updated to 1.7 yesterday so he had to de-install the update
before Vassal would work properly.
The bug you’re seeing (along with 34 others) has been fixed since 3.1.15.
The current release is 3.1.19. If you’re having a problem, the first
thing to check is whether you’re using the current release.