Do i need to be a programmer to make modules?

Do i need to know programming to make a game module from scans? I have looked over the postings and found nothing yet.

A good way to get started with module design is to look at existing modules in the Editor. You can see their inner workings. You can examine all the components and then figure out how they all fit together. Change a few settings in the editor and see what results when you play the game.

And Vassal has a detailed online help that explains how all the pieces work. Just click Help on any component. It’s full of answers and explanations.

No programming skills are necessary for module creation, unless you intend to automate your module, or create your own features.

However, access to an image editor like PaintShop Pro can be helpful–sounds like you have that already.

If you’re willing to wait for a bit, there will soon be a Module Designer’s Guide available that sums up all the module design instructions and techniques in one place.

i will wait for the module you speak off. a great boon to the want to be makers would be videos. posted on utube

Where are we up to on this? I’d like to start work on sections of this asap.

B.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

I’m actually about 3/4 of the way through a first draft, and expect to have it ready for review in a few days. What sections did you want to work on?

I’ll wait to see what you have done and we can go from there.

I have specific sections to add for the new features I have added to 3.2, plus new sections on Concepts etc. and expanded information on key components like GKC’s etc. The current manual is a pure ‘Reference Manual’, with very little ‘User Guide’

B.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)