[Fixed] Problem with returning cards to deck.

Ok, for the module I’m working on, each player has a deck of 45 cards, plus there’s a communal deck of 20 cards. I’m trying to add a GKC to return the cards to their respective decks.

When I press the button, the cards move back to the deck, but it stops functioning as a deck temporarily, when I right click on the deck, it only has the Return to Deck popup instead of the Shuffle Deck menu option, and the cards can only be drawn face down, instead of face-up, like I have the decks set.

The deck stays this way until I’ve drawn a number of cards (not always the same as the number of cards returned to the deck,) and the cards that drew face down always stay that way, with only a ‘Return to Deck’ menu option.

Any ideas?

Sounds like the cards are not going into the Deck, but are forming a new stack in almost the same position as the Deck.

What command are you using to move the cards to the Deck? A ‘Return to Deck’ or a ‘Send to Location’?

What version of Vassal is this? This sounds like a bug I remember being reported some time back that I thought we had fixed.

B.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

Wow. Thanks, that totally actually helped.
I was using an older version (3.0) because the newer versions kept throwing uncaught exceptions on module edits or creation. I was just starting to paste the error log, when I noticed the problem. Some bad module I downloaded forever ago was being autoloaded and throwing errors. For some reason 3.0 wasn’t loading it.
After I removed the offending module, the current versions started working, and Return to deck started working as intended.

Thanks again.

Thus spake “reaction”:

Did you report those? Either way, could you show me how to reproduce the
problem?

J.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)