Flying Colors

Seem to running into an issue with this module.

The ships move fine on the map while doing your turn.

However when your opponent or yourself opens the logfile, after it’s been saved, the ships will often just move part of their move and then stop.

Rest of the logfile plays out normally with comments dice rolls etc. appearing.

I’ve done the basics, made sure we are both running the same module etc…

Any suggestions?

This is a problem that has existed for many years, and amazingly I don’t think a cause or solution has ever been found!

One example–this thread was posted 7.5 years ago (!!!): https://forum.vassalengine.org/t/movement-of-game-pieces-not-showing-up-on-opponents-screen/5306/1

Wow!!!

Well at least we can stop beating our heads against the wall trying to figure out what we are doing wrong.

But 7.5 years!!!

Thanks!!!

Thus spake Skaith:

Wow!!!

Well at least we can stop beating our heads against the wall trying to
figure out what we are doing wrong.

But 7.5 years!!!

Thanks!!!

If someone wants to submit a patch, I’m happy to review it.

J.

If only I had the skills to create one. :frowning:

a clue about what could be wrong would be appreciated. I’ve looked at this several times, and the best I can figure is that the centre of the counter is offset to the bow hex (on 2 hex pieces), and this somehow creates problems moving straight farwards.

The manual fix is to waggles the ship at the end of movement, so it clearly isn’t the turning moves, just the straight ahead moves. But why, and what could cause this is beyond me.

It actually happens during movement as well. If we turn, then go 4 straight it may stop after the turn as well. I’ll try the wiggling solution and see what happens.