Forgot a player?

I’ve been playing a game with a couple friends, and one of them tried to load their latest turn, and it’s asking them what player to join as again, and his colour isn’t an option. As far as he can tell, his password is the same as it always was (he certainly didn’t go in and change it)…

So, where do we go from here? Is there a manual way of “booting” a player so he can rejoin as his own side? Is there a way to remind the save file he is who he says he is?

Any help and guidance would be appreciated! Thanks!

We experienced this problem several times throughout the last few years, in campaign play (I recall having to rebuild game state from scratch for a fresh save file at least once). Sometimes a side is simply lost, for no apparent reasons. It didn’t happen to everyone - some players seemed particularly prone to that, while it never happened to others. Perhaps it was caused by some connection issue, I don’t know.

Indeed, it would be useful to have a manual way of freeing sides.

Thus spake KarmanMonkey:

I’ve been playing a game with a couple friends, and one of them tried to
load their latest turn, and it’s asking them what player to join as
again, and his colour isn’t an option. As far as he can tell, his
password is the same as it always was (he certainly didn’t go in and
change it)…

Are there two players who have the same password?

J.

I doubt it; if that was the issue, wouldn’t we have seen the problem from the beginning, and not a few dozen moves in? And then, if, say, he and I had the same pw, wouldn’t it assume he was playing my side or I was playing his, rather than it suddenly asking him which player he wanted to be?

Thus spake KarmanMonkey:

I doubt it; if that was the issue, wouldn’t we have seen the problem
from the beginning, and not a few dozen moves in? And then, if, say, he
and I had the same pw, wouldn’t it assume he was playing my side or I
was playing his, rather than it suddenly asking him which player he
wanted to be?

Have you checked?

J.

Found out one of the players (my wife) was never prompted for a player name or password, so one may have been assigned automatically… It looks like a long one too, from looking at her preferences. Haven’t heard back from the friend with the issue yet.