FOW OCS modules

I’m getting an error message stating “incompatible custom code” and “custom code in this module should be be recompiled”. I’m using VASSAL 3.2.14 and OCS FOW mods for DAKII and Korea: The Forgotten War, latest release. Anyone else having this problem? Anything I can do to fix it? Thanks…Gary

See this thread’s discussion.

Long story short, the modules for OCS games contain a bunch of custom code that won’t run properly on very old versions of Java. You are very unlikely to be using Java 5, so I suspect that these modules will work fine for you despite the warning (unless you are in fact using a PowerPC-based Mac). It’s really there to hound module creators into ensuring their custom code is fully compatible with all the software combinations out there that people could conceivably be using. In the case of the OCS modules, the custom code probably won’t ever be updated because the author is deceased.

It turns out that George included the source code inside at least some of his modules, so the code is there should anyone want to maintain it. I’m working with Jeff Coyle to get the code recompiled to be Java 5 compatible.

Anyone else having issues with the updated 3.2.15 modules with the semi-transparent stack images being doubled when dragging? Is this what the “drag ghost bug correction” option has to do with? Switching it on or off has no effect for me. Same issue occurs with the pre-updated modules running in 3.2.15, but it doesn’t happen in 3.2.14.

Thus spake goodpoints:

Anyone else having issues with the updated 3.2.15 modules with the
semi-transparent stack images being doubled when dragging? Is this what
the “drag ghost bug correction” option has to do with? Switching it on
or off has no effect for me. Same issue occurs with the pre-updated
modules running in 3.2.15, but it doesn’t happen in 3.2.14.

What do you mean by “doubled”? Could you post a picture or screencast?

The changes between 3.2.14 and 3.2.15 are few—a fix for a
NullPointerException in Deck.getState() and a fix for bad paths for
documentation. Neither of these should have any affect on drag ghosts.
Are you certian that you’re seeing a difference between 3.2.14 and
3.2.15?

J.