Game Palette Scrollable Lists Disappeared

Howdy Gents,

I’ve just finished a playtest module. Everything was working and I was ready to transmit it to the company for playtesters. And then it went haywire.

My Game Piece Palette has 3 Scrollable Lists
Game Markers
Axis Combat Units (A scrollable list)
…Air Units (A scrollable list)
…Ship Units (A scrollable list)
…Task Force Markers (A scrollable list)
Allied Combat Units (A scrollable list)
…Air Units (A scrollable list)
…Ship Units (A scrollable list)
…Task Force Markers (A scrollable list)
…US Military Units (A scrollable list)
…Minor Allied Units (A scrollable list)

Now at one point all of these Scrollable Lists and sub-lists worked.
But now? now the Game Markers and Axis Combat Units have disappeared. Only the Allied Combat Units appear when I start up the module. None of these are masked. They should all show up no matter Observer, Solo, Axis, or Allied Players are chosen. But, no, the Game Markers and Axis Combat Units have disappeared.

I’m mystified. Never had this happen before.

Clues anyone?

The scrollable lists have disappeared, or the units in the scrollable lists have disappeared?

What happens in your backup copy of the module from before you made your latest changes? The version before that?

If you can find a working version, compare the buildfiles in the before and after.

Are all the counter images in the module and correctly named?

The lists disappeared. They’re in the module when you open it to edit the module. They just don’t appear when you punch the Game Pieces button. Of course, if the lists disappeared, the units assigned to them are also gone.

This is the primary module. I stupidly didn’t back it up.

Yes, all the counter images are correctly named.

I would back up the module NOW.

Then, I would try cutting and pasting the missing lists into another section of the Game Palette and see if they appear there, then cut and paste them back where they should be.

Could it be a Divider issue?

You could also try deleting the module preferences.

I’ll try that in the morning. Presently 3 AM here. Decided to finish a couple of chapters of Sharpe’s Trafalgar. Never read that series before, but recently stumbled across the entire collection.

I created entirely new Palettes for the Counters, one for each, markers, axis, and allied combat units, so that each has its own button in the command line. That resolved the problem.

It was an odd occurrence I’d never before come across.