Game Piece Palette only shows last unit

I’m trying to make a new game, but I either see one unit or none in the game piece palette. The buildFile has lines for all 139 units, however. Suggestions? References? Places to upload the module or the build file?

By the way, I drew all the game pieces and a lot of the board with Perl scripts–is this interesting to anyone?

Thanks
Stewart Strait

Share the module with Dropbox, Google Drive or something.

I’ll have to sign up for something unless there’s somewhere on vassalengine.org to upload it. I have a test example module that’s only 68k. Thanks.

Thus spake scs:

I’ll have to sign up for something unless there’s somewhere on
vassalengine.org to upload it. I have a test example module that’s only
68k. Thanks.

You should be able to attach a module that size to a forum message.

J.

Attached is the test module. I’m hoping for a fix that won’t be too laborious for about 200 pieces instead of 5. Thanks.

Stewart Strait

scs,

You need to use a Scrollable list to get a list of all units. You can also use a Tabbed Panel and separate Panels for Germans and Russians to separate the different units into Germans and Russians.

See the new attachment.

Brian

Thanks everyone–Brian’s new module looks like what I need. I’ll make sure I can duplicate its functionality. I should also help to know
that the scrollable list shows all or several of the piece names at a time but only one piece image at a time. Perhaps I’ll end up understanding enough that I can summarize for other people.

Thus spake scs:

By the way, I drew all the game pieces and a lot of the board with Perl
scripts–is this interesting to anyone?

I did that for the pieces for The Longest Day module. Generating SVG
from a script is the best way to make piece images, in my opinion.

J.

Because of Uckelman’s last posting, I’m trying to generate SVG for my game pieces instead of my current method of generating postscript and converting to png. For some reason I’m having an easier time than when I tried it back in 2010.

I’m pretty sure I’m getting the scrollable lists of game pieces to work. It will be a while before even a crude form of the module is ready to upload, however.

Thanks.