Getting rid of a piece that doesn't have a delete option

I know I read it somewhere…I have created a piece without a delete…but I want to get rid of it (I’ve updated the piece and want to put the new one in).

I’ve tried looking for it in the documentation, but of course now that I need it, I can’t find it.

Thanks in advance.

Still can’t find it…maybe I am mistaken? There simply is no way to delete a piece that doesn’t have that as an option.

Perhaps there is another way around it? I have updated the piece so that it does now have a delete option…is it possible that I could then just somehow upgrade that piece in the set scenarios?

Or am I now stuck with a lesson learned and having to go back and re-do those scenarios?

Any suggestions?

You could use the Scenario Updater. It’s a bit confusing and vague in its
instruction/help usage so read it carefully but it does work

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

Thanks Tim,

I did look at that (I agree about it being a bit confusing, LOL)…but it seems to me that it needs to be done direct to the module no? I’m not sure how that would work with the extension (which is where the scenarios are).

I did try the process with the extension loaded…the only option though was ‘Create Extension Updater’ so it didn’t really fit into the manuals explanation at all.

Although I am looking for an easy way out, perhaps the easiest is to just re-do the scenarios with the updated pieces…just glad there aren’t too many.

Try the FAQ item vassalengine.org/wiki/doku.p … lete_trait

The Trash map method is the easiest!

Cheers,
Brent.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

Perfect! Thanks much Brent, that did the trick (with a minimum of pain!)