"Global Key Command" to unmask

Trying to make as automatic as possible the Dungeon Twister Module I get the following problem trying to unmask the pieces over the boards without player interaction when a player reveals the board:

I use a key to “unmask” the boards in the board tiles (CTRL-3), there is a “Global Key Command” that triggers with CTRL-3 too and sends a CTRL-4 key command to all the pieces in the current zone (in other words, over the board tile) with this condition: CurrentZone=$CurrentZone$ && $class$=counter
That CTRL-4 is the masking key on the game counters.

I triple-checked that everything is all right (no wrong names, keys or typing mismatchs) but in the end nothing happens… no counter is unmasked, even yours!, I trying allowing the masking action to ANY PLAYER, but still get no results…

Any idea about what could it be? I thought at first it could be an owner problem, but having mask/unmask allowed to all players doesn’t works either… :confused:

Thanks in advance.

Is $class$ a system command I’m not familiar with?

You’d probably have more success if you gave the counters that need to be unmasked a Marker trait like MaskType = true. Then use the properties:

CurrentMap = (maps the counters are on) && MaskType = true.

If you’re including a variable zone (like you example above) then this should do it:

CurrentMap = (maps the counters are on) && CurrentZone=$CurrentZone$ && MaskType = true.

Did I said “triplechecked”? Hum… I think a fourth check would answer my question… I mismatched properties :cry: IM A DUMMY!! IM A DUMMY!! IM A DUMMY!!

The global key should be like this “CurrentZone=$CurrentZone$ && counter_class=counter”, that includes the counters with the marker trait “counter_class=counter” (if not, the key enters in a infinite loop due to other properties… this module is KEY HARD)

It is solved and working (thanks to your response Mr.Nostromo) but in fact I’m still not completely satisfied as what I want is to be able to actually unmask all counters, even those not owned by me… and obviously there seems not to be any way to achieve that.

It’s a minor functionality I wanted for my module… and as just after unmasking the pieces, the player should place them in the board… there is no real sense in doing it automatically anyway ;)

Thanks! :slight_smile:

for masked pieces unviewable to other players use the property ObscuredToOthers = true
for masked pieces unviewable to you use the property ObscuredToSelf = true

To: messages@forums.vassalengine.org
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 11:22:41 AM
Subject: [Technical Support & Bugs]Re: “Global Key Command” to unmask

Did I said “triplechecked”? Hum… I think a fourth check would answer my question… I mismatched properties [Crying or Very sad] IM A DUMMY!! IM A DUMMY!! IM A DUMMY!!

The global key should be like this “CurrentZone=$CurrentZone$ && counter_class=counter”, that includes the counters with the marker trait “counter_class=counter” (if not, the key enters in a infinite loop due to other properties… this module is KEY HARD)

It is solved and working (thanks to your response Mr.Nostromo) but in fact I’m still not completely satisfied as what I want is to be able to actually unmask all counters, even those not owned by me… and obviously there seems not to be any way to achieve that.

It’s a minor functionality I wanted for my module… and as just after unmasking the pieces, the player should place them in the board… there is no real sense in doing it automatically anyway ;)

Thanks! :slight_smile:

TOPO - www.toposolitario.com (http://www.toposolitario.com)

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org (Messages@forums.vassalengine.org)
http://forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/listinfo/messages_forums.vassalengine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

Tim, could you explain that a little bit? My problem is that I want to execute a unmasking key in pieces not owned by me, but only when I commint the “global key command”, I think that property is only a filtering property to be able to take an action over those pieces… but as I’m not the owner it actually doesn’t unmask them.