Help getting extensions to load

Anyone, I’m trying to get the Cry Havoc extensions to load and they are just not working. My directory structure is ~/VASSAL/CryHavoc/CryHavoc_ext, with the main mod file in CryHavoc, all mdx files in CryHavoc_ext. I thought these were supposed to be automagically made available next time I run the module? Any help appreciated.

Phil,

I downloaded the base module and the siege module, installed them as required and it worked no problems.
Sorry, but I have no further time to assist with a module I know nothing about.

I strongly suggest you directly contact other Cry Havoc players for more help. You can contact them on the Cry Havoc forum accessible from the Cry Havoc module page. There is no guarantee that any Cry Havoc players actually look into these (i.e. Vassal) forums.

Regards,
Brent.

*********** REPLY SEPARATOR ***********

On 6/07/2008 at 8:00 PM feral_phil wrote:

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

Thanks for the help any way Brent. Appreciate it. I’m going to resort to drastic measures and rebuild an os from scratch, put only Java, Vassal and Cry Havoc on and see what happens. Hope springs eternal Baldrick.

Regards

Phil,

One last thing to check. What is the name of your copy of the main module? If you are using an extension folder named CryHavoc_ext, then you main module MUST be named (with exact capitalization) CryHavoc.suffix (e.g CryHavoc.mod or CryHavoc.vmod). If it is named anything else, it will not work.

Also, can you find your errorLog file (should be in ~/VASSAL) and post what appears. This is what I got:

– OS Windows Vista
– Java version 1.6.0_05
– VASSAL version 3.0.17
– CryHavoc version 1.1
Extension SiegeExt v1.0 loaded

Regards,
Brent.

Messages mailing list

Hmm, I dont even get a mention of extensions:

– OS Linux
– Java version 1.6.0_06
– VASSAL version 3.0.17
– CryHavoc version 1.1

The _ext directory is named exactly as the .mod file eg CryHavoc.mod and CryHavoc_ext. I also changed the extension of the mod to vmod, just in case some media program was doing something funky with a mod file, no difference.

What is the name of your extension files?

There is no reason why this shouldn’t work.

Just tried it on my Fedora Vbox, worked no problems.

Check the following tallies with your system.

Cheers,
Brent.

[brent@fedora CryHavoc]$ cd
[brent@fedora ~]$ pwd
/home/brent
[brent@fedora ~]$ ls
Desktop Download Music Public VASSAL workspace
Documents java Pictures Templates Videos
[brent@fedora ~]$ cd VASSAL
[brent@fedora VASSAL]$ ls
3.0 CryHavoc errorLog Preferences
[brent@fedora VASSAL]$ cd CryHavoc
[brent@fedora CryHavoc]$ ls
CryHavoc_ext CryHavoc.vmod
[brent@fedora CryHavoc]$ cd CryHavoc_ext
[brent@fedora CryHavoc_ext]$ ls
SiegeExt.mdx
[brent@fedora CryHavoc_ext]$

Messages mailing list

I found the problem - user error :blush: I’m a smacktard! Rather than trying to play the mod, I was trying to edit the mod. I feel like an eejut. Brent, thanks for you efforts and patience, you are a scholar and a gentleman. Perhaps we’ll have a game some time? Thanks again.