Help: Saving outside data in a format accessible to Vassal

I’ve created a module that uses a Deck’s “Save” feature to save a player’s deck list that he/she has assembled in the vassal mod. The player can then use the Deck’s “Load” feature to pull that same deck back up again the next time he/she uses the module to play the game.

Other people have designed website-based deck-builder applications which allow players to design a deck for this game. These sites export that information into a printer-friendly or a cut-and-paste friendly format.

One of the designers of these deck-builder applications has approached me about connecting his online deck-builder application with Vassal. He would like to make it so that his application exports the player’s newly created deck into a Vassal-friendly format. That is, into the format used by the module’s “Save/Load” feature, so that the player could then use the online application to build his deck, save it onto his desktop in the appropriate file type, and then start the vassal module and use the “Load” feature of a Deck in the module to load his newly designed deck.

Is this possible? And if so, is there something I can do on my end (ie, as the person who created and updates the vassal module) to make it easier or more efficient for this kind of thing to happen?

Please let me know. Please also let me know if you need me to try to clarify my question more fully. Thanks!

1 Like