Hex Grid Numbering Menu Fails to Appear

As in previous discussion I’ve cut a large board into 8 smaller pieces and set them up in their proper rows and columns. I’ve not yet figured out how to make the configuration of the boards permanent, however, more importantly I have tried to impose a hex grid, which was successful and then ad a Hex Numbering System to the Hex Grid.

BUT the Hex Numbering System Menu fails to show up. Why?

Thanks,
Tom

In the ‘Map Window’ component, click on the ‘Can contain multiple boards’ option.

In the ‘Map Boards’ component of the ‘Map Window’ component, click on ‘Select Default Board Setup’ and layout the boards. This will become the default for any new games you create, rather than initiating the select board setup each time.

We need a screen shot of your module editor window where you are trying to add the Grid Numbering. This will become a LOT easier when we move to a new forum shortly which will support in-post images properly.

Regards.

In the ‘Map Window’ component, click on the ‘Can contain multiple boards’ option.

In the ‘Map Boards’ component of the ‘Map Window’ component, click on ‘Select Default Board Setup’ and layout the boards. This will become the default for any new games you create, rather than initiating the select board setup each time.

I did these things already, before your instructions.

Here’s the Grid Numbering screen shot you wanted. It doesn’t provide a menu that allows you to alter the grid numbering system.

Would be nice if after one makes a multi-panel board the system allowed you to take that composite board and lay a hex grid across the entire thing as if it were One complete map and alter the hex numbering system accordingly. That would make it easier for everyone.

Tom

This could be this bug: https://github.com/vassalengine/vassal/issues/6130

Yes, this does appear to be the same problem.