Hiding Symbolic Dice buttons SOLVED! ...kinda

Can this be done?

I’m trying to make it so that when I roll 1,2,3,4 or 5 out of the 6 total dice, the remaining dice that were not rolled are not showing so as not to confuse the player.

Thank You

Anybody able to shed some light on this?

I’ve read for hours to no avail and with no suggestions or tips I can only assume there isn’t a way to do this yet so here’s another question:

Can I instead of hiding the symbolic dice not used set some sort of trigger to make the dice automatically roll to a face that is a blank layer so it doesn’t affect the actual die when it IS rolled?

There is a way to do it but its rather complex. Presumably you are building something like Yahtzee.
What you will need is multiple sets of hidden dice i.e 1xd6, 2xd6, 3xd6 etc…
On the toolbar youll need matching buttons - roll 1 die, roll 2 dice, roll 3 dice etc…

When the player clicks one of the buttons a GKC is activated which does the following to an invisible at start stack counter (usually 1x1 pixel at 0,0):
sends the equivelant hidden dice roll hotkey, passes the results into a set of temporary module level GP’s, pops open a hidden window which displays the results via a set of predefined counters on that map with layers that follow the temporary GP properties.

When the player rolls and wants to store select results from the displayed rolled dice, they will click on the appropriate displayed result counter piece which executes an action button to send that specific corresponding temporary GP to his “saved dice” which might be a counter displayed on the main map or some such thing.

The hidden windows that pop up will also have a close button at start stack which clears the GPS while closing the no longer needed window, play continues…

To: messages@forums.vassalengine.org
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2009 2:17:24 PM
Subject: [Module Design]Re: Hiding Symbolic Dice buttons

I’ve read for hours to no avail and with no suggestions or tips I can only assume there isn’t a way to do this yet so here’s another question:

Can I instead of hiding the symbolic dice not used set some sort of trigger to make the dice automatically roll to a face that is a blank layer so it doesn’t affect the actual die when it IS rolled?

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org (Messages@forums.vassalengine.org)
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

Wow, That does sound complex, lol. Thank you very much for the info! I shall see if I can wrap my head around all that.

Thank you again!

I can’t seem to get it working right, Is there anyone that is an experienced module creator that could look at the way I originally had my dice triggered to roll and see if they can help figure it out?

Thanks

I got it working…sort of. Instead of trying to Hide the dice buttons I decided to just have the certain dice needed for each weapon to open in their own little window leaving the rest out of the roll.

Thank you for all the help!