How could a Trigger Action performs a Global Key Command?

I have added a layer “Target” with the hotkey “CTRL ALT SHIFT T” to mark the current piece as a target. I want that if another piece be marked as a target, clear other “Target” mark first. I added a Global Key Command “CTRL ALT T” to clear all marked “Target” pieces. And then I added a Trigger Action, If press “CTRL T”, trigger “CTRL ALT T”(clear all “Target” mark) and “CTRL ALT SHIFT T”(mark the current piece “Target”).
Question is, the Global Key Command “CTRL ALT T” couldn’t perform as I wish.
Is that the Trigger Action could not trigger the Global Key Command?
How to let a piece be marked “Target”, clear other “Target” mark first?

What you did should work. Explain better what you mean by GKC not performing as you wish. Nothing happens? All flagged “Target”? All unflagged? Are all the pieces in the same window?

I want that all unflagged, but nothing happens. Details are: a Trigger Action watches “CTRL T”, performs “ALT CTRL T”(GKC, to unflagged all, not happen) and “ALT CTRL SHIFT T”(to flag the selected piece “Target”, worked well). So the result was, another piece was flagged, the previous one was not unflagged.

I tried another test: a Trigger Action watches “CTRL F”(flip), performs “CTRL D”(GKC, roll 1d6 dice). When flipped, the dice didn’t roll.

To roll a die you need a global hotkey, not a global key command, afaik.

Regarding the original issue: which command is the GKC executing? I mean, it executes on a ALT-CTRL-T but which command key does it invoke? Presumably it is ALT-CTRL-SHIFT-T on all pieces, with ALT-CTRL-SHIFT-T being the activate/de-activate command key on the “Target” layer…?

Here’s a test module in attachments, download and see details in this module if it is convenient.
Simply drag the cards in card deck to position 1-4, and the Hotkeys are:
CTRL T : GKC, flags the selected card “Target”
ALT CTRL T : GKC, unflags all "Target"s
Trigger Action and GKC define can easily find in the module.
What I want is, unflag all "Target"s before flag a “Target”. It means that at the same time, just 1 “Target” be flaged.

It doesn’t work because your cards don’t know what to do with the command ALT-CTRL-T. You need to add a global hotkey on the cards to fire the ALT-CTRL-T hotkey on a ALT-CTRL-T (or any other key name). I moved some common definitions to a prototype and replaced $Selected$=true with Selected=true (same result but the latter is the correct syntax…).

I tried attaching the revised module but I am getting a “Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.” error message…? It’s only 65 kb… Will send you private msg.

Well… even via private msg will keep giving me the same error… whatever name I give to the revised version…

No clue what’s going on with this particular file… every other vmod I try to attach work fine… Maybe it’s related to my manually fixing the file to be version 3.1.18 when I actually started editing it with 3.2.0 by mistake… It does run all right under 3.1.18 though…

If you like, send me via private msg your email address and I will try emailing it to you.

Thus spake barbanera:

Well… even via private msg will keep giving me the same error…
whatever name I give to the revised version…

No clue what’s going on with this particular file… every other vmod I
try to attach work fine… Maybe it’s related to my manually fixing the
file to be version 3.1.18 when I actually started editing it with 3.2.0
by mistake… It does run all right under 3.1.18 though…

The error message is exactly what it says: The forum hit the global
limit for atttachment storage, which is set absurdly low by default.
I’ve increased it from 50MB to 1GB. Try now.

J.

Here it is, just in case he didn’t receive it by email already.
[attachment=0]test_new.vmod[/attachment]

The weird thing, Joel, is that it didn’t want to attach the file in a private msg too and that it seemed to accept other files instead. But I guess that in the latter case I must have been hallucinating.

Problem solved! The key is to add a “Global Hotkey” trait, so that the GKC could be invoked.
Thank you very much indeed!