How does Inventory Window Work

Ok. i don’t see any examples of this anywhere. Here’s what I want. I have 5 deck of cards on my Main Board. I want to have an inventory window that shows the following:

+Player1
+Victory Pile
+Card Type - ##

How exactly do I do that? Or can someone point me to a module that does something like this already and I’ll learn from it. Thanks!

So, no one can give me some training on this or point me to a module that uses inventory to track pieces per player?

Here’s the component summary

vassalengine.org/wiki/Inventory

explains how to use it, never used it myself.

Seeing though as it uses properties it should be fairly straight forward to
insert the appropriate properties you wish to view by i.e “playerSide” for
player sides and so on… by using either the ‘sort and group by’ field or ‘show
only pieces matching properties’ field. Maybe even a combo of both if you want

To: messages@vassalengine.org
Sent: Thu, March 21, 2013 12:56:42 PM
Subject: Re: [messages] [General Discussion] How does Inventory Window Work

So, no one can give me some training on this or point me to a module
that uses inventory to track pieces per player?

Read this topic online here:
https://forum.vassalengine.org/t/how-does-inventory-window-work/5838/2

Ok. Through trial and error and doing about a bajillion searches on the topic. I think I finally have what I need. But, I am not getting the count result I want. I would like the count of the cards printed after the card name. So I entered this on the Piece Label:

$PieceName$ ( $DeckName_PieceName$)

But I get a blank. I have the Counting feature of the deck turned on and the Piece Name is in there as a counting feature:

PieceName: CardType=PieceName

So, what am I doing wrong?

This is weird. I am not sure how it is working, but it’s working. I put the following on the “Label for folders”:

$PropertyValue$ ($sum_Bystander_Level$)

Now. Bystander is a counting property on the deck that counts the number of Bystanders in the deck. I just wanted to see if it would show me that value. However, when I brought up the Inventory window, it actually showed the card count for all the card types it displayed, like this:

• Player 1 (5)
    • Bystander (3)
      +Bystander
      +Bystander
      +Bystander
      +Villain (2)
      +Villain
      +Villain

It shouldn’t be working like that, should it? Shouldn’t all the numbers say 3? I mean, don’t get me wrong, it works and I’m happy. Just not sure how.