How to create a dynamic area of effect?

Hello, I am new to Vassal and am trying to make a small module for personal use between my friends and I. I have managed to get most of the stuff working, r have plans to make it work. The main problem I have run into is an inability to create dynamic area of effect. I want to input a equation based on the value of a property, but there doesn’t seem to be an option to do that in the area of effect trait. I can only see how to add, say, a 600 pixel radius (ungridded) and a 1200 radius. That’ll work, but I feel like there has to be a better way.

I did find this: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3020 but it doesn’t answer the question, and I cannot get the module to load once downloaded to see what it was talking about.

I have gotten progress in this, but not to an acceptably sufficient level. Using the Layer mechanic and a transparent circle, I can mark out the ranges in preset increments. This is not ideal, but it works for now. The main way I can see this improving is using a in module ressize feature, if there is one. Instead of having to upload, like, 6 circles it would both be more adaptable and use hopefully less space. Is there a feature like that?

Attached pics show what I have done for a dynamic range for AoE. In words, use a variable as the range. Then create a calculated property (or a dynamic property if you can get away with that) for that variable.

aoe pic1|620x324

2 Likes