Increase Text Size in Editor - Feature Request

It would be extremely helpful if we could get the ability to change (increase) text size in the editor…

As a middle+ age guy with bad eyes, I’m really struggling with the text size even on my big (27") monitor…

The ability to increase text size in both the editor and executing Vassal module would be HUGE boon to
the many aging gamers out there…

Friendly request: will you please stop adding “Feature Request” in the subject header? What else should be in this sub-forum, anyway? It makes everything else look it was not a feature request but, I dunno, just fooling around to waste space and people’s time.

Sorry - old habit from projects that had a habit of not distinguishing feature requests from bugs…

I’ll try, but old habits die hard…

I’ve coded up a version for 3.6. Try out the “FontSize” build on the vassalengine.org/builds page for a preview – you set the size on the General Preferences tab and then you need to restart VASSAL after that to see the effects.

Brian

Brian - thanks for this…

1. this appears to affect both the editor and the regular Vassal (not a problem, just noting it…)
  2. this change appears to break the functionality that Brent added in which changes the appearance of top level components to italics (temporarily) in the editor after clicking on them (to help track edits)

Looks like this didn’t make it into the 3.5.6 build?

New features don’t go into patch releases. This will be in the first 3.6 release.

Thanks, I conflated 3.5.6 and 3.6…