Is there a shortcut key to save the map as a .png file?

And if so, can I use it to save the map while hovering the cursor over a hex to view the expanded picture of all the units in the hex?

Thanks,

Chris

If the module has an Image Capture tool (you can assign it in the Editor) you can use this to trap the map image as a TIF file. Then you’d use an image editor to convert to PNG. I believe the image capture will also snap the image of the mouseover stack viewer.

I’m sorry, I could have been more specific. The module in question, for Combat Commander: Pacific, does have an image capture feature. It is a button with a picture of a camera, and it captures the image as a .png file (or so it says, I have to manually add the extension when I save it).

However, as far as I can tell, the only way to activate it is to click the button with the mouse. I’m hoping to figure out a way to capture the image while the cursor is hovering on a unit stack, which expands the view and shows all units in the stack (rather than a view of the top unit and the partial counters of the units underneath in the stack). If I have to use the mouse to click the camera button, I lose the expanded view of the units in a stack.

Thanks for the quick reply,

Chris

On Nov 10, 2009, at 9:39 AM, fatgreta wrote:

This might not get you the full map, but you could always use your
computer’s normal screen capture facility.

On a Mac, you can get this with Command-Shift-4 (or Command-Shift-3
for the full screen).

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

[quote=“tar”]
On Nov 10, 2009, at 9:39 AM, fatgreta wrote:

This might not get you the full map, but you could always use your
computer’s normal screen capture facility.

On a Mac, you can get this with Command-Shift-4 (or Command-Shift-3
for the full screen).

[quote]

Right, I’ll try that. Thanks for the suggestion!

Chris