Issue with Combat Commander

Hi, just downloaded Vassal 3.6.1 for my 5 year old Macbook Air, loaded fine. And so I’ve been re-loading all the games I play, also all fine. Except CC:P, which is saying that the .15 module has a custom code issue:

This module cannot be opened because it contains “custom code” that references VASSAL classes, methods, or fields which were announced as deprecated more than a year ago and have since been removed.

IF YOU ARE A MODULE USER: If this is the current version of this module, you will need to contact the module designer/maintainer and get them to correct the problems in their custom code. If the module maintainer is no longer active or cannot be found, please post a message in the Technical Support forums at https://forum.vassalengine.org.

IF YOU ARE THE MODULE DESIGNER/MAINTAINER: In order to run this module, uses of the classes, methods, or fields listed below must be replaced and the custom code recompiled (alternatively the custom code can be removed from the module). Please consult the javadoc for the removed items at Index of /javadoc for advice about how to replace them.

Hope you can resolve this.

Thanks
John

Yes, that message is entirely accurate.

I’ve already updated the code for the Combat Commander modules to be compatible with Vassal 3.6, but am waiting to hear back from their maintainer, so haven’t uploaded the new versions yet.

Thanks as ever for the quick response Joel.

Just pleased it’s not my computer skills, or lack of…

Regards
John

I am having the same problem. So far I get this error when trying to open Combat Commander: Europe and CC: Pacific.

I have not had problems with any of the other modules after loading the new version of Vassal (3.6)

Thanks

Just check all the modules that I have downloaded and the only modules that did not work and gave the error was Combat Commander: Europe and CC: Pacific.

"Defunct Custom Code

This module cannot be opened because it contains custom code that references VASSAL classes, methods, or fields which were announced as deprecated more than a year ago and have since been removed"

I downloaded Vassal v 3.6.2 this morning and these two modules were working fine yesterday evening. Thanks for looking into this.

Jerry

The Defunct Code error is specifically because you are using Vassal 3.6 (or maybe this only got slotted in with the last point release, 3.6.2). Either way, I understand that updated modules are in the works (@uckelman can confirm).

Meanwhile, to play these modules, use Vassal v3.5.8, is my suggestion.

Yes, they’re already done, just not on the site yet.

2 Likes