So I’m new to this but there appear to be two layer traits… One that is up near the top of the trait list, and one that is at the very bottom. I seem to need the latter to add multiple keystroke actions. However, that second layer trait is no longer visible. I can only see the first one. I sear I did at one time see the second…
I figured this one out while moving through the source.
Layers (aka Embellishment) were rewritten. To quote the comments:
- Embellishment has been extensively re-written for Vassal 3.2 changing
- both the behavior and the visual look of the configurer. A version
- number has been added to distinguish between the two versions.
- Note, there is also a much older Embellishment trait with a type of emb
- When editing a module, the old versions will be automatically converted to
- the new version. One feature (multiple keystrokes for a command) cannot
- be converted.
- This class contains the complete code of the original version 0
- emb2 Embellishment to support editing of unconverted version 0 Embellishments
- and run-time support for modules containing unconverted traits.
So VASL is written using 3.1 Layers to do its half-squad magic.