Linked Problems?

I’ve noticed a number of issues that I suspect are linked, and since I don’t know how else to share this thought I would do a post. It might also prompt others if they have similar issues, and usually the more info those trying to fix problems have the better.

I’ve logged a problem with the Twilight Struggle module (ID 10692) where the initial cards do not get dealt (I notice that the same problem was logged back in Jan 2013 and has not yet been solved - ID 9722).

My report is directly related to 3.2.8, as TS works fine in 3.1.20 (so I’ve kept that version to play TS). Full details of the Mac, the OS, etc, are in the logged problem, although I should add that I also get the identical problem on my MacBook with an earlier OS if I use 3.2.8 (again, it is fine with 3.1.20).

I tried to find a workaround, dealing the initial cards individually to both sides, and this does seem to work. However I found a new problem as a result, that I have seen elsewhere on the Forum: that the US/Japan Mutual Defense Pact card comes up ‘blank’ (it shows Early War, that it’s a US 4 card, and that it is removed from play if used as an event).

What I have not yet done when trying this workaround is see if the cards then deal correctly at the end of a turn.

Lastly, there are also other posts on the Forum about card dealing issues. Which makes me think that there might be problem in the background that is wider than just with the TS module.

If anyone looking at these problems wants more details as to what I am seeing, or wants me to run some different scenarios, as part of helping them get to the bottom of these issues please, contact me.

John

Thus spake ajsjino:

I’ve noticed a number of issues that I suspect are linked, and since I
don’t know how else to share this thought I would do a post. It might
also prompt others if they have similar issues, and usually the more
info those trying to fix problems have the better.

I’ve logged a problem with the Twilight Struggle module (ID 10692) where
the initial cards do not get dealt (I notice that the same problem was
logged back in Jan 2013 and has not yet been solved - ID 9722).

My report is directly related to 3.2.8, as TS works fine in 3.1.20 (so
I’ve kept that version to play TS). Full details of the Mac, the OS,
etc, are in the logged problem, although I should add that I also get
the identical problem on my MacBook with an earlier OS if I use 3.2.8
(again, it is fine with 3.1.20).

Last I checked, the current TS module (3.0.10a) was not compatible with
VASSAL 3.2. I’ve asked the TS module designer where things stand with
updating the module.

J.