Looking for Here I Stand player

We are a group of Here I Stand fans who just finished a game using the VASSAL platform. Most of us have several Here I Stand and several VASSAL experiences under our belts. Now we would like to play again but need to find an extra player.

A prospective players should be fairly well-versed in Here I Stand rules, be pleasant to play with, and (barring emergencies, vacation, or similar) be able to complete their turn within about 2 days of their impulse coming up.

Steve

Am I correct in believing that this is PBeM rather than playing live? Which module? Am familiar with the original addition but not the 500th anniversary one. How large are the differences? What rules do you use for diplomacy?

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your interest in the game. This is a PBEM game (not live). We keep the game moving by setting a goal of less than 2-3 days between each power’s impulse. The group we have has done a good job of taking their turns fairly quickly when they are up.

We plan to use the 500th anniversary edition, latest module. I believe the differences between 500th and the prior edition is fairly small.

For diplomacy, we typically pause the game for about 5 days to one week, giving players time to email each other to suggest and discuss possible agreements. Diplomacy is sometimes completed a bit faster and we always keep negotiations open if needed so that no one is rushed.

Sounds good.

I’ve downloaded the new rules and will read then this weekend. If you still are looking for a player my e-mail is bullfrog1953@joimail.com. Am familiar with VASSAL but not the HIS module.