Making Minor Changes to Twilight Imperium Mod. small prob.

Hey all

Long time fan first time poster.

I have been around for some time in the Vassal community since discovering it however I have never actually made anything, usually just downloaded and played the many modules.

My gaming group and I however have always wanted to play Twilight Imperium Online, unfortunatly the module that was created has a number of game breaking bugs and other issues that really break the experiance.

Over the past few days I have fiddled with the module and the vassal tool to try and solve some of these minor problems and have actually managed quite well.

I do have a couple of outstanding problems however actually one really.

In the game each player has a public area which he controls but is viewable by all the other players. This area has a Transfer box which is used to pass cards to the player as well as a number of other items.

In the game however there really is a need for a private area, one other players cannot use. This is the part Im having trouble creating.

I have tried using the ‘Play Hand’ option on the main menu, then adding a board. I seem to be able to add the button to the main view, but when pressed it does nothing. Im so close to having this module functioning, its just this one last nagging thing and I just can’t get it to work.

I think it might be a bug with the module itself, as Im quite sure Im doing it right. I mean I can’t seem to add anything new to the module in terms of buttons have it work, the buttons when added dont seem to do anything at all. Even if I copy one of the existing items, the copied version does nothing.

Any help would be greatly appriciated, you can get the current version of the module here mediafire.com/?8yj9zbenif2

Are you still working on this? If so, I’m interested in helping out, though I haven’t done any VASSAL module work previously.