Matching Properties Question for GKC

This is what I am trying to do: Player 1 will press the turn button when his turn is complete. I want this action to fire a GKC that will test a layer position of Player 2’s pieces and reset the layers.

Problem is I know how to test for the layer with Name_Layer Name=False or true whatever you’re looking for. What I don’t know how to do is include a player 1, player 2 test so it doesn’t reset all pieces. This will speed up play so they don’t have to reset all of their pieces manually.

I have team markers but I will never know what team each player is using so that won’t work.

EDIT:
I was wondering if anything is exposed when a player activates a control that could be used to test for in the GKC?

On 15/08/2009 at 9:23 PM JMOxx75 wrote:

Can’t you just use the $PlayerSide$ property? $PlayerSide$ will be set to the side of the player who pressed the turn button, so as long as you have a marker in each sides pieces that is set to the name of their side (say Side), then you will be able to include

PlayerSide != $Side

in the GKC property expression.

B.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

I tried that exact thing and it didn’t work. I probably have a typo or something. I am glad to know that it should indeed work though. Thanks for your response.